ESTA and transits

To transit through the USA, you must have an ESTA, a visa, or an American or Canadian passport. Your passport number is checked for these permits during the check-in process for your flight to the USA.

How is ESTA easier than a visa?

Compared to a visa, applying for an ESTA is a much simpler process. Obtaining a visa requires scheduling an appointment at the US embassy and incurring higher costs. On the other hand, an ESTA application can be completed online quickly and easily. This makes ESTA the most convenient option for transiting through the USA.

Can an ESTA be used for multiple transfers?

An ESTA is valid for a duration of two years, as long as the passport linked to the application remains valid during that time. This means that you can use the same ESTA multiple times for transfers or transits through the USA. The application form only requires you to provide a single date of arrival, and it is not possible to provide additional or changed dates of arrival. A new ESTA application is only necessary if either the linked passport or the ESTA itself expires.

When filling out the ESTA application form, you will be asked if you are travelling to the USA for transit purposes only. If you answer “Yes”, you are not required to provide details about your accommodation in the USA. However, if your application is approved, you will still receive the same travel authorization as if you had stated that you are planning to stay in the USA. This means that even if you applied for an ESTA solely for the purpose of making a transit, you can still use it for a holiday or business trip to the USA for a maximum of 90 consecutive days, as long as your trip meets the requirements set for ESTA usage.

Is it possible to leave the airport during a transit in the USA?

Yes, you can leave the airport during a transit in the USA, but it depends on your nationality, the length of your layover, and whether you have an ESTA or visa. If you’re eligible to leave, make sure you have enough time for customs, security, and potential delays.

Can a transit ESTA be used for other travel purposes as well?

Based on the information provided, it can be inferred that EU and UK citizens may leave the airport during a layover in the USA, as the ESTA allows for a stay of up to 90 days. However, it is important to note that airlines and airports may have their own restrictions and guidelines regarding layovers. To ensure that you can leave the airport during your layover, it is recommended to check with your airline beforehand.

An ESTA is also necessary for transit through the USA.

Occasionally, there is a misconception regarding the terms transfer and transit. A transfer indicates that a passenger changes planes at the airport to continue their journey. On the other hand, during a transit, you land in the USA and wait inside or outside the aircraft before proceeding to your final destination on the same plane. Both a transfer and a transit require an ESTA, visa, or American passport.



The countries for which you can apply for a student visa may vary depending on your country of origin and the specific regulations of the country you wish to study in. However, the current country we offer right now is only the United States.

Eligibility for skill migration visas varies depending on the specific immigration regulations of the country you wish to migrate to. In general, however, skill migration visas are designed for individuals who possess certain skills or qualifications that are in demand in the country of their choice.

Age restrictions may vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for, as well as the specific regulations of the country you wish to travel to. In general, however, there are no age restrictions for most types of visas.

Yes, it is possible to apply for both a holiday visa and a student visa. However, it is important to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements for each type of visa and that you have the necessary documents and financial resources to support your stay.

If you do not have a job offer, there may still be options available to you for obtaining a visa, depending on your qualifications, skills, and desired destination country. Consult with a reputable visa processing agency or refer to government websites for more information.

Yes, this company is registered

The main consultant for the visa application process may vary depending on the visa processing agency you are using. Ensure that you have a designated point of contact and that you are comfortable with their level of expertise and customer service.

Reputable visa processing agencies may offer support in the event of a visa rejection, such as advice on how to appeal the decision or how to address any issues that may have led to the rejection.

Fees for the visa application process may vary depending on the type of visa, the country of destination, and the specific services being offered by the visa processing agency. Always confirm the fees in advance and ensure that they are transparent and reasonable.

An ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is a digital travel authorization that allows eligible travelers to enter the United States for business, tourism, or transit purposes without obtaining a visa. Citizens of certain countries who participate in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) are required to have an ESTA before boarding a flight to the US.

You can apply for an ESTA online through our form.

When applying for an ESTA, you will need to provide your personal information, passport details, travel itinerary, and answer some security-related questions.

It usually takes a few minutes to process an ESTA application. However, in some cases, it may take up to 72 hours to receive a decision.

An ESTA is valid for two years from the date of approval, or until the expiration date of your passport, whichever comes first.

Yes, you can use your ESTA for multiple trips to the United States, as long as your travel itinerary and the purpose of your visit remain the same.

You can modify or update your ESTA application after submission, but only if the changes are related to your personal information or travel itinerary.

If your ESTA application is denied, you may still be able to travel to the US by obtaining a visa from the nearest US embassy or consulate.

If your passport information changes after obtaining an ESTA, you will need to apply for a new ESTA with your updated information.