Corona measures

As of 6-4-2023, the US has reopened to tourists and business travellers with a vaccination certificate and approved ESTA. A negative COVID-19 test is no longer mandatory, but other rules may apply. Consult relevant government sources for more information.

As of November 8th, 2021, the United States has lifted its travel ban, allowing tourists and business travelers to enter the country again. However, most travelers are still required to provide a vaccination certificate and an ESTA. Here’s what you need to know:

Step 1: Start your ESTA application

To ensure a smooth trip to the United States, it is recommended that you apply for an ESTA or visa in advance. Apply for your ESTA online even before booking your trip.

Step 2: Obtaining Proof of Vaccination

To travel to the USA, you must be fully vaccinated for at least two weeks. Full vaccination means having received two doses of Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech, AstraZeneca/Covishield, Sinopharm, or Sinovac vaccines, or one dose of Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Upon boarding your flight to the USA, you must provide proof of vaccination.

Step 3: After arriving in the USA

Adhere to the local COVID-19 regulations, which may vary by state. Get tested for COVID-19 between days 3 and 5 after arriving in the USA. Additionally, individuals over the age of 2 are advised to wear a face mask in crowded public indoor spaces.

What if you do get COVID-19?

If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms of the virus, you are not permitted to travel to the USA, even if you possess an ESTA, a vaccination certificate, and a negative test certificate.

Upon your return to the UK

As a UK citizen, you do not need to take any COVID-19 tests or complete a passenger locator form when returning to the UK from the USA, and you are also not required to quarantine upon arrival. This applies regardless of your vaccination status and includes those who are transiting through the UK.

Stay up to date with the latest coronavirus rules and regulations when traveling to the USA. For more information, please refer to official government websites or consult with your travel agency.