US ESTA or Visa?

If you plan on visiting the United States, even if only for transit purposes, you will need to obtain either a US visa or an ESTA USA, unless you hold a valid US or Canadian passport. For most holiday or business trips to the US, an ESTA application is sufficient, rather than a visa. This page provides all the necessary information to understand the differences between an ESTA and a visa and to determine which one is necessary for your travel intentions.

Is it necessary for me to apply for a US visa or an ESTA USA?

For tourists and business travelers from the UK, Ireland, Switzerland, and other EU countries, an ESTA is often sufficient for visiting the US, rather than a US visa. Suitable for various purposes like holidays, medical trips, visiting family or friends, or volunteering, the ESTA is a more accessible and cost-effective option compared to a US visa. It’s essential to verify whether your travel purpose aligns with ESTA requirements before considering a US visa application, saving time and effort.

Details regarding the US visa

The US offers a wide variety of visas, with over 185 different types available for application. It is essential to have a thorough understanding of the available options, as each visa category has subcategories with minor variations, such as specific visa types for certain nationalities or alternative application procedures. Being well-informed about the diverse range of US visas helps ensure a successful application process tailored to your unique situation.

When is the best time to apply for a US visa for business or tourism purposes?

he ESTA USA and the B-1 and B-2 visas serve the purposes of tourism, business, and medical travel. For most cases, obtaining an ESTA is adequate, and a US visa application is unnecessary.

However, you must apply for a US visa if:

  • Your stay in the US will last more than 90 consecutive days.
  • Your travel purpose is not aligned with business, tourism, or medical purposes, such as journalism, employment, investment, or studying in the US.
  • You are traveling on a private plane, ship, or another carrier not connected to the ESTA system.
  • You have visited Iran, Iraq, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, Yemen, Libya, or Somalia since March 10, 2011, or your second nationality is from one of these countries.
  • You have traveled to Cuba on or after January 21, 2021.
  • You cannot answer all the security questions on the ESTA form with a “no” response.
  • Your nationality is not from a VWP country, and you do not possess a passport issued by that country.
  • You are inadmissible under the Immigration and Nationality Act § 212.

If your planned stay in the US is within 90 consecutive days, and you meet all other ESTA requirements, do you still need to apply for a US visa?

Happy customers
Client Satisfaction
0 %
Success rate
0 %

The countries for which you can apply for a student visa may vary depending on your country of origin and the specific regulations of the country you wish to study in. However, the current country we offer right now is only the United States.

Eligibility for skill migration visas varies depending on the specific immigration regulations of the country you wish to migrate to. In general, however, skill migration visas are designed for individuals who possess certain skills or qualifications that are in demand in the country of their choice.

Age restrictions may vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for, as well as the specific regulations of the country you wish to travel to. In general, however, there are no age restrictions for most types of visas.

Yes, it is possible to apply for both a holiday visa and a student visa. However, it is important to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements for each type of visa and that you have the necessary documents and financial resources to support your stay.

If you do not have a job offer, there may still be options available to you for obtaining a visa, depending on your qualifications, skills, and desired destination country. Consult with a reputable visa processing agency or refer to government websites for more information.

Yes, this company is registered

The main consultant for the visa application process may vary depending on the visa processing agency you are using. Ensure that you have a designated point of contact and that you are comfortable with their level of expertise and customer service.

Reputable visa processing agencies may offer support in the event of a visa rejection, such as advice on how to appeal the decision or how to address any issues that may have led to the rejection.

Fees for the visa application process may vary depending on the type of visa, the country of destination, and the specific services being offered by the visa processing agency. Always confirm the fees in advance and ensure that they are transparent and reasonable.

An ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is a digital travel authorization that allows eligible travelers to enter the United States for business, tourism, or transit purposes without obtaining a visa. Citizens of certain countries who participate in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) are required to have an ESTA before boarding a flight to the US.

You can apply for an ESTA online through our form.

When applying for an ESTA, you will need to provide your personal information, passport details, travel itinerary, and answer some security-related questions.

It usually takes a few minutes to process an ESTA application. However, in some cases, it may take up to 72 hours to receive a decision.

An ESTA is valid for two years from the date of approval, or until the expiration date of your passport, whichever comes first.

Yes, you can use your ESTA for multiple trips to the United States, as long as your travel itinerary and the purpose of your visit remain the same.

You can modify or update your ESTA application after submission, but only if the changes are related to your personal information or travel itinerary.

If your ESTA application is denied, you may still be able to travel to the US by obtaining a visa from the nearest US embassy or consulate.

If your passport information changes after obtaining an ESTA, you will need to apply for a new ESTA with your updated information.